Working on a 1-2-1 or small group basis, Pilates is the ultimate exercise for creating long, lean muscles.
Pilates is a system of exercising that strengthens the whole body using a variety of exercises. It was created by Berman-born Joseph Pilates (1880-1967), a man whose sickly childhood led to a determination to find a way to live a long and healthy life.
Joseph named his system ‘Contrology’ to describe the method of training the mind to take greater control of the body. After his death (at the age of 87) the system gradually became known as ‘Pilates’ and was spread by his wife and protégées.
Today it is practiced around the world by millions of people and is integrated into the training schedules of top athletes such as Tiger Woods and Roger Federer.
BENEFITS OF PILATES
- Develops positive body awareness
- Improves posture, balance & body alignment
- Increases flexibility, strength & control
- Develops long, lean & toned muscles
- Prevents muscle & soft tissue injury
- Enhances & improves sports activities